Membership to Troop 718 is open to all boys who meet the eligibility requirements established by Boy Scouts of America (age 11, or with Webelos Arrow of Light, age 10 ½). Also, boys will not be denied active participation solely due to financial reasons, in event of a family hardship.
Upon joining, each Scout is given a “Rocketship” neckerchief set, a BSA Handbook, a 718 Patch, and a Scout patch. As well, every Scout is subscribed to Boys’ Life Magazine. Troop 718 offers “Getting Started” Parent Meetings, in March and November, to walk new Scout parents through the Orientation packet and to address questions they might have.
To join Troop 718, the following must be completed and submitted to Troop Membership:
- BSA Youth Application
- Medical forms for both Scout and Parent (required in advance for driver and outings participants)
- Troop 718 Parent Information sheet
- $125 annual youth membership dues payable to Troop 718 (prorated after January 1).
Parents who join our volunteer staff must complete and submit:
- BSA Adult Application
- Youth Protection Online Training Certificate
- $24 annual adult membership dues payable to Troop 718 (some positions may waive fee).
In turn, new scouts and adults will receive a personal ID card, confirming they are registered with BSA. Boys Life Magazine will arrive about 2 months after application is submitted to BSA District office. Note: Changes to personal information should always be reported to Troop Membership.